Ordermentum is one of the fastest growing technology companies servicing the hospitality sector. Our ambition is simple, to make doing business easier and more profitable for both the Suppliers and Retailers of the hospitality sector.
Currently with a team of 35, we are looking to recruit some amazing people to take us through the next phase of our growth. A talented, passionate and awesome UX Designer is at the top of our wish list to ensure we are delivering fun, elegant and simple experiences for this industry.
A fantastic opportunity to join our team - User-Experience (UX) designer
We are looking for a user-experience (UX) designer able to understand our business requirements and any technical limitations, and take the lead in conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, translating the findings into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mockups and prototypes. The UX designer will also be expected to design the overall functionality of the product, and iterate upon it in accordance with feedback from internal and external stakeholders to ensure a great user experience.
This is a newly created role to take our user experience to the next level. We are looking for someone passionate about the user experience, who is keen to champion what makes life easier for our customers.
What you would be responsible for:
- Creating intuitive user experiences, successfully translating concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes.
- Working collaboratively with Product Owner to ensure that the delivery team has the required vision, direction and UI artefacts to complete sprint priorities.
- Facilitating the company’s product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital products.
- Design and delivery of wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Identification of design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Adopting a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Collaboration with team members and stakeholders.
- Asking smart questions, take measured risks and championing new ideas.
What you would bring to us:
- Your passion for all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
- Demonstrated UX design experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments, extensive experience in using UX design best practices, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- Proven ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
- An ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- A demonstrated ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
- A proven ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications.
- An enthusiasm for close collaboration and communication with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model, to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
- A passion for resolving user pain points through great design.
- Openness to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.