Did you know that a digital catalogue is a simple, yet powerful addition to your marketing mix? Not only is it a great way to showcase your product line - getting you more orders and leading to more sales - but it can easily and effectively reach a larger customer base because of how easy it is to distribute and access.
Whether you’re serving specialty coffees or vegan dishes, putting your catalogue online is a surefire way to entice new customers especially as a lot of decision-making happens before they even contact you.
So, how do you design a stunning digital catalogue that will bring in a wave of new customers? We've compiled a few awesome templates and ideas to help get you started.
But first, here are few tips you can follow as you begin your design journey:
- Keep it simple. What customers need to see are the products, the pricing, and a few strong descriptions. Make sure you use easy to read fonts and have a clear layout that’s easy to browse through
- Use images. They will be the first thing a customer sees and they can have a big influence on their buying decision
- Insert hyperlinks and strong calls to action, like social media icons and “order now” buttons to increase your sales
- Create special sections to highlight your new products and latest deals and promotions
- Don't turn your catalogue into a PDF. PDFs are inconvenient to download and are also difficult to access on smartphones. Instead, dedicate a section of your website to your catalogue. Or even better, look for a mobile ordering platform that allows you to set one up. This way, your customers can view your catalogue anytime and anywhere they want.
Now let's get started! Here are some cool design templates we’ve collected to give you some solid inspiration:
1. First rule: keep it simple. Your digital catalogue can be as clear and uncomplicated as these templates below. It will be easier for your customers to navigate and scan through your entire product line to see exactly what you have on offer.
Design from Margaret River Roasting's online shop
Design from Elco Food's digital catalogue
2. You can also insert some short, descriptive text about the products so customers will know exactly what they'll be getting. This is the perfect opportunity to really sell your range!
Design from Sonoma's online catalogue
Design from Luxe Bakery's online shop
3. The best part about digital product catalogues is they’re easy to make and easy to update. This means it will be painless for you to have a different catalogue for different seasons or special occasions. Check out this Christmas and Winter 2017 catalogue from Bidfood:
Design from Bidfood Spain's Christmas and Winter catalogue
4. When you're creating a digital catalogue it's always best to include images of your products. Customers need to have an accurate idea of the products they are about to order. Take a look at Bourke Street Bakery's menu:
Design from Bourke Street Bakery's catering menu
Or this online shop menu from Rumble Coffee Roasters:
Design from Rumble Coffee Roaster's online shop
If you want to learn how you can take beautiful product photos using just your mobile phone, check out our tips.
6. You can also opt for an online catalogue design that’s simple and customer-friendly yet still lets you showcase your entire product range and highlight your newest inventory additions and special deals. The Ordermentum app’s digital catalogue is an awesome example of this:
Design from Ordermentum's digital catalogue
With Ordermentum’s digital catalogue you can create special sections to promote your newest product line and latest deals and promotions.
It is also effortless to upload your product shots. Our data shows that having product images on the Ordermentum catalogue leads to a 5% increase in sales. Additionally, unlike other PDF menus and catalogues, Ordermentum’s is more interactive. It lets your customers browse through categories, making it easier for them to find the products they want to order. On top of that, they can also place their orders and payments straight through it.
Ordermentum’s digital catalogue is easy to set up - you simply create your product content, upload your images, and set the pricing. What's more you can customise your pricing and product range for each customer you sell to. The catalogue is also easy to update and easy to view on smartphones.
Want to see just how easy it is to create a digital catalogue with Ordermentum? Book a free app demo here.
A well designed digital catalogue has a lot of influence and can mean the difference between winning or losing a customer. It's not difficult to create something enticing - the design of your digital product catalogue says a lot about your business so it’s important that you take the time to get it right.
For more business advice like this, you may visit our blog.